- 2 lb sweet pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons of your choice of butter or butter substitute
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3½ cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 thinly pared slices of orange rind
- 2 bay leaves
- 1¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Garnish: Swirl of coconut yogurt
- Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Cut into cubes.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, add onion and garlic, and sautéing gently until soft. Add pumpkin. Continue to sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, ginger, lemon juice, orange rind, and bay leaves. Cover and simmer until the pumpkin is tender.
- Remove orange rind and bay leaves. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes or so. Pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a clean saucepan, add the coconut milk and stir while reheating gently.
- Garnish with a swirl of coconut yogurt.
Like what we do? Consider chipping in a few bucks.